Who does not know about aloe vera? This gel plant is one of the effective herbs to treat sunburns, acne, promote hair growth, etc..Although you can apply its gel directly on the skin or hair, drinking aloe vera juice is considered healthier. Preparing aloe vera juice recipe at home is very simple and healthier too.
How To Prepare Aloe Vera Juice?
Get one large leaf of aloe vera, it should be fresh and leave it for a few minutes. All the latex that is the yellow fluid of the leaf will get removed. Wash the leaf and remove the upper layer of the leaf with a spoon.
Scoop out all the gel from the leaf using a spoon. Put two tbsp of gel into the blender with 3 cups of water. The aloe vera juice is ready, add lemon for the taste and enjoy fresh.
Before preparing the juice, make sure all the latex has been removed as it can cause side effects. If you consume this part of the leaf then you will get diarrhoea or stomach cramps.
Therefore, it is important to remove the latex completely before making the juice. Soaking the leaf in water for a few minutes help in removing the latex effectively. Rinse the leaf and then follow all the above steps.
You can even try some variations in the standard aloe vera juice recipe.
Aloe And Honey
Honey can easily blend with the bland aloe. Add one cup of honey to the two tbsp of gel. Blend both of them and pour in your glass. But, do not take this mixture for more than 10 days before two hours of your meal.
Orange And Aloe
Orange juice also blends well with aloe vera juice. Start with a fresh aloe vera leaf and scrape the gel. Add orange juice, only 1 cup, with the gel into a blender. You can even add 1 tbsp vinegar but it is optional.
Add water and your healthy drink for the morning is ready. Even other citrus fruits go well with aloe vera.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera Juice
At first, you might think that why to drink this tasteless juice. But, once you know the benefits of aloe vera juice you won’t skip it even a single day. Here are a few of them mentioned.
- Aloe vera juice works as a detoxification drink to support the functioning of your liver. It boosts its functioning and makes your liver healthy.
- It provides enough water to your intestines so that the stools can pass normally and thus prevents constipation.
- Drinking aloe juice not only hydrates your intestine but also keep your skin hydrated. Thus, it prevents skin conditions such as dermatitis and psoriasis.
- This drink is packed with nutrients like zinc, sodium, copper, calcium, manganese, potassium, and more. Thus, it is a super healthy drink to start your day with.
- The juice is alkaline in nature thus balance the pH level of your body.
You can reap all the benefits of aloe vera juice daily if you prepare the juice correctly. And if you are buying the juice then look for a decolourized juice. Unpurified juice can cause side effects due to the anthraquinone in it.
Moreover, do not consume aloe juice more than twice a day. If you are consuming aloe gel then don’t go beyond four tbsps a day. Although you should consume the fresh juice, you can even refrigerate a glass for later.
But, do not keep it for the next morning. So, just cut, scrap the gel, and blend the leaves and your healthy, nutritious drink is ready.