Fodmap foods can increase the digestive issues in those with IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. So, cutting those foods or a low-FODMAP diet is a good way to prevent the discomfort caused by those foods.
Try our quick and classic low-fodmap potato salad recipes that are yummy summer side-dish.
Low-FODMAP Potato Salad Recipes
Potato Salad Recipe With Eggs
A fabulous side dish to grilled meat is definitely this one. It is filled with the goodness of an egg with no FODMAPs. Here is the recipe for this mouthwatering yummy salad.
- Potatoes- 800 g
- Chopped scallions or spring onions- 3 tbsps
- Egg- 4
- Chives- 3 tbsps
- Cucumber- 1
- Red bell pepper- 1
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Black pepper- for seasoning
- Mayonnaise- 1/3 cup
- Green beans- 160 g
Directions To Cook:
Preparation- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes. Cut the green beans, red bell pepper, and cucumber into small pieces.
- Boil potatoes, green beans, and hard-boil the eggs.
- Mix mustard, black pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise into a bowl to prepare the dressing for the potato salad recipe.
- Take out the boiled veggies from the saucepan and allow it to cool. Then mix them all with the dressing, chives, and green onions.
- Sprinkle black pepper for seasoning.
German Potato Salad Recipe
Give a german twist to your low-fodmap potato salad recipe.
- Baby red potatoes- 2 pounds
- Apple cider vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Green onions(only tops)- 3 tbsps
- Mustard(Check for the label for low-fodmap)
- Garlic infused Olive oil- 1/4 cup
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Kale- 1 cup
- Baked chicken slices(chopped finely)
First of all, prepare garlic olive oil by sauteing garlic cloves in the olive oil till the aroma comes. Take out the garlic pieces and your garlic-infused olive oil is ready.
Directions To Cook
- Boil the potato cubes into a large saucepan until they turn soft. Cool and transfer to a bowl.
- Add kale to the bowl.
- For the dressing, take vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and sugar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now, add dressing, baked chicken slices, and green onions to the potatoes and kale. Gentle toss to mix the dressing and it’s ready.
Try variations with fruits like strawberries, orange, and grapes to make more yummy low-fodmap potato salad recipes. But, remember that whatever you add to the salad it should be low-fodmap food.